YEAR 8/9 - DIVYA BENNY


YEAR 8 FIRST BLOG FOR DIGITAL DESIGN
My name is Divya Benny. I am a student of Grade 8 in EISM. This blog will be my process journal to record all the tasks that will be completed during this year
The MYP Design Cycle consists of 4 stages:
Criteria A - Inquiry and Analysing
Criteria B - Developing Ideas
Criteria C - Creating the Solution
Criteria D - Evaluating the Solution

MYP is middle years programme. It is what we learn until some year. MYP is challenging and it helps children develop a connection between studies and real life. Criteria A is inquirying and analyzing. For that criteria you will have to inquire and analyze things. For criteria B it is to develop ideas and for that you have to think a lot and form ideas. Criteria C is creating solutions. So when have a crisis you will have to create a solution. Criteria D  is evaluating the solution. So if you have a solution you have to evaluate to make sure that it can be helpful.


BOTH ASSESSMENT SHEETS ARE ON MANAGEBAC DROPBOX ALSO. 

My tinkercad product is a toothpaste squeezer.



TERM 2: TECHFAIR

TASK ONE:
For this years techfair project, my partner and I are deciding to do an app where you don't have to carry any of your books around in your bags or in your hands. Just have to carry a device which has the app downloaded to it. This will help students grow taller as carrying a heavy bag can result to having a bad back. This can be useful for anyone, primary school, middle school, high school, college, or even work.  Its an app with your school books downloaded to it and a place where teachers can update the parents about how their child is doing in school. This app is paper free, in schools children use too many papers. One paper equals to twelve trees. You won't be able to loose any papers as it will be saved on the app.


TASK TWO:
Kindle, Kobo, google play books, i books, Scanner Pro, ihw are all apps which are a bit close to our apps they are not similar as we have different agendas.


TASK  THREE: 
For my SWOT analysis i am doing ibooks. ibooks is a good app for using to read books if you downloaded them as PDF. Their weakness is that people have to buy the book online or they have to get the PDF to read it from ibooks. Other than that they can't read the book. They have many opportunities to improve. Some people email apple to tell them what can be done better. So when they have to update a new IOS they can change ibooks a bit. Their threat is that there are many companies copying them or having ideas similar to them. ibooks is not an original app.

TASK FOUR:
I will design and make Virtual Bags for everyone, students, parents, workers, and teachers to help with backaches and extra things to carry around. This can also save paper and store important documents safely.

I will make a product with x-code, an app which helps to create other apps.

CRITERIA C:

In this picture Fayha is working
on the first step of our app.

In this picture I am working
on the second step of the app.






(Criteria D uploaded on Managebac.)


YEAR 9: TERM ONE:

Scratch programming links:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/247151694/ 

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/247151185/ 


CRITERIA C:
Criterion C – Creating the solution
Strand 1 - Create a step-by-step plan (production plan)

Start by creating a step-by-step plan including details of the required resources, materials and time to complete. This plan should also take into account quality assurance and control. Think about the due date for your Criterion C (21th November).

Use the table below to write your production plan:

DATE
TASKS TO BE COMPLETED
TIME TAKEN TO COMPLETE TASKS
MATERIALS
November 5th
Create sprite
5 minutes
My scratch account and my designs
November 7
Make background
5 minutes
My scratch account and my designs
November 10
Create dialogue and script
10 minutes
My scratch account and my designs
November 14
Create voice over
5 minutes
My scratch account and my designs









Resources
Resources can be classified as tools or materials.

Tools
Tools can include both digital design tools (hardware and software – input, processing or output devices) and product design tools (hand tools, machinery, CAD software and CAM hardware).

Materials
Materials can be tangible (such as hardwood, nylon or cornstarch), or digital (such as text, fonts, images, audio, videos, animations, sprites, icons).



Example of production plan:
DATE
TASKS TO BE COMPLETED
TIME TAKEN TO COMPLETE TASKS
MATERIALS
6th November
I need to conduct all the backgrounds that I can include in my animation, and finalize my decision and use them to insert them in animation.
1 hour and a half
I need my scratch account and my designs.
9th November
I need to use all of the math questions that I researched and pick the best ones out of all and then insert them in animation.
1 hour
I need my math questions plan and my scratch account.

Strand 2 - Create a Gantt chart
Gantt or Slippage Charts
A Gantt or a Slippage chart is a graphical display of the timeline of your project’s tasks. To create your Gantt chart you can use Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word.
Examples of Gantt Chart




Strand 3 Demonstrate your technical skills and follow the plan to create your product – write a process journal
Start creating your product and write a process journal. Take screenshots as you create your product and explain what you have done.
First I visualized what I had to do. I made some sketches from which I decided which one was the best.
Then I started my work. First I uploaded the background onto my scratch program. Then I decided on what sprites I would use. I decided to use the letters as well so I made scripts for them.
Then I went back and forth to edit it and make my program better (this is one screen that I have made). Then I added voice overs so the audience would find it easier to learn.
Examples:
The following code was written for the parts of the flower. I have used the forever loop so that I am able to move the sprite along with the mouse. This is done so that when the program has started it will sense the mouse and the sprite moves along with it.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCpiyunUsc0vzzTzbA1wS_ulUCIurjyOykXBNjWp_8wOIxZxMLJTVqIu_eTnRjbnt_3YAVXPvN2-YNPAxSTeT8naxc5H6Ci2-wiJpIJMACF0moRWy0u-if0YMRnTT-K38XTOhLyfq5-lc/s400/scratch+example.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgKz-Uh_9xyjknOMNdJZREGQp6oC_yn5k4W7uyhMs_q0UPRYroPT1k7fAr5VCWfL2WORSfd83zXedU3n-N9n2r2S7t1_R_KCcE2Gxp57a_8ffMx35vcZVtVD4kOOS1Ctq9WeKNsy4A4uLU/s400/timeline.jpg

Strand 4 -  Justify changes made to the design and the plan
Look back on your designs, the plan and your process journal. What changes did you make to your design and your plan? Why did you make them? Justify why you made these changes.
At first I thought I would make these music notes that you have to press, and then it would play the sounds of how to read the alphabet, then I decided not to. I just made the letters as sprites and made them some dialogues and a voice over on how to pronounce the word. I did this because it would be easier to understand.
Another change I made: I thought of making this another language or the program having choices of the other languages because it was teaching English and there was no point of teaching someone English in English because they would not understand, but because it is not yet to be published it, it was made in English so other people on scratch could understand.
I did not make all the screens that I had drawn; I just made one of the screens.

Strand 4 - 1 - Present the solution as a whole
Present your final work by showing a few screenshots. Don’t forget to embed your animation on blog. 


SCRATCH PROGRAM LINK: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/266310881/ 

Comments

  1. The cap was creatively modeled with your knowledge of the software features and their application. Good creative and thinking skills. Keep it up for you will indeed need these skills in the next coming challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Criteria C and D are not posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divya Benny needs to complete all tasks in detail.
    To improve, she has to research in detail, analyse a range of existing products in detail and develop a detailed design brief, which summarizes the analysis of relevant research. Follow the examples on the teacher's blog.
    Tech Fair assessment tasks uploaded on managebac should also be posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tech Fair Criterion C
    Divya Benny needs to complete her tasks on time.
    To improve, the logical plan should be arranged in detail sufficient for peers to be able to follow to create the solution, justification of changes should be accounted for if they are made. Follow the examples on the teacher’s blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog